After a very long hiatus, I am back with lots of new healthy recipes to share. I have spent my time away traveling, gardening, and of course, cooking!
This new recipe came to me after experimenting with homemade Larabars. I wanted something healthy with no processed sugar but a great chocolate kick, these delicious Brownie Bites are what I came up with.
These no bake brownie bites are powered by the goodness of pecans, walnuts, dates, and coconut.
Process nuts, dates, and coconut until finely ground.
Once nuts are processed add in vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and water. Process these until the whole mixture becomes a well combined paste.
Form the brownie batter into small balls and roll in coconut until thoroughly coated.
These brownie bites are a quick and easy guilt free treat!
Healthy Brownie Bites
(makes approximately 24 1″ inch balls)Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup pitted Dates; roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder or all natural cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut; for garnishing.
- Add dates, pecans, walnuts and coconut to food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- Add to nut mixture, vanilla bean paste, cocoa, and water; then, pulse until all ingredients form a dough. Add more water if the mixture still looks dry.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and form into 1” inch balls.
- Roll the balls in a bowl of shredded coconut to coat.
- Place coated balls in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Keep chilled balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, if they last that long.