Garnish hummus with a drizzle of high quality olive oil and paprika to serve.
Cut into chip size pieces. I find this job is super easy using kitchen scissors.
Lightly brush each piece, front and back with olive oil. Note the picture below shows heavy oil on the pita, I thinned it out.
3 3/4 cup soaked and cooked garbanzo beans, reserve liquid
4- 5 cloves of garlic, to taste
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons tahini
1 to 2 lemons, to taste
garnish: high quality olive oil, paprika, olives or pine nuts
- In a food processor add garlic and salt. Pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add garbanzo beans, adding only a small portion of bean liquid. Pulse till mixture is smooth,adding more liquid as necessary
- Add tahini pulse 30 seconds.
- Add the juice of one small lemon, pulse, taste and add another lemon if desired.
- Remove hummus to a serving bowl and garnish just before serving.
3 whole pita bread
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon salt, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut pita bread into chip size pieces.
- Lightly brush each side with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Shake chips halfway through.