So May was National Salad Month, but let’s forget all that and celebrate June as salad month!
This root slaw is packed with so much goodness I can hardly believe it. Beets, daikon, red cabbage, jicama, broccoli, and carrots. Topped off with fresh mint and lime dressing. This salad is too good to miss.
The inspiration for this salad came from my garden with it’s abundance of fresh veggies and herbs. Not all of these veggies were from the garden, but you can taste the freshness.
The combination of fresh mint and lime against the earthy flavor of the salad is incredibly delicious. This slaw is perfect for picnics or backyard barbeques.
Root Slaw with Mint and Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup daikon, shredded*
- 1 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded*
- 1/2 cup jicama, shredded*
- 5 carrots, shredded*
- 4 broccoli stalks, shredded*
- 3 beets, shredded*
* Tip – Use a food processor to make easy work of shredding all these veggies.
- 5 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Toss all shredded vegetables in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a lidded jar. Dressing with keep up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Add dressing to slaw 15 minutes before serving.