It has been such a busy and exciting week! Last Monday was my first day as an official Foodie, and I couldn’t be happier with my new position. Thursday I was able to make and demonstrate a really wonderful summer recipe that featured mangoes and cucumbers. I wish I would have had my camera to take some shots because the recipe turned out better than expected, I will try to re-create it here in a couple of days.
The combination of Manchego, lime and roasted corn is so good you might be tempted to eat the bowl yourself. But please share with someone you love, they’ll thank you for it!
The lime adds a bite to the creamy, cheesy deliciousness of the corn. Take this dish to any party and it will be gone instantly.
Manchego Corn with Lime
adapted from Bon Appetit
- 6 ears yellow sweet corn, unhusked
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- In a 450 degree oven or on a grill, roast corn for about 15 minutes, until corn is crisp tender.
- Allow corn to cool, unhusk, and cut kernels from the cob.
- In a large skillet heat the oil and then add the corn, saute corn until it is lightly browned in spots, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add butter to the corn and stir until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Transfer corn to a serving bowl. Add lime juice, cheese and chives, toss gently to coat.